Request for Proposals for LGBTQ Youth Services
LGBTQ Youth Services RFP Update - May 8, 2014
The Planning and Oversight Committee (POC) ad-hoc Review subcommittee released preliminary funding recommendations for LGBTQ Youth Services. These were presented to the Planning and Oversight Committee on May 7, 2014.
Recommended Program Grants:
- Health Initiatives for Youth (HIFY) - HIFY's LGBTQIQ Youth Safe Space Initiative - $138,258
- La Clinica de la Raza - Juntos - $45,129
- Destiny Arts - Moving in the Movement - $53,988
Not Recommended for Funding:
- Bay Area Women Against Rape (BAWAR) - Breaking Silence
- Peers Envisioning and Engaging in Recovery Services (PEERS) - Out to Lead
- EBAYC - AYPAL - API Queer Youth Cypher Program
- JFK University - Queer Youth Voices
- East Bay Agency for Children (EBAC) - Oakland LGBTQ Youth Project
- Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) - Safe School-Based Communities for Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning Youth
- AIDS Project of the East Bay (APEB) - Leading Well
Update March 24, 2014
The RFP - Required Elements (Excel) template had a formula error and has been corrected. Please use this corrected version.
Update March 7, 2014
The Questions and Answers from the March 4th LGBTQ Youth Services Bidders' Conference have been posted.
Announcement February 26, 2014
On Wednesday February 26, the Oakland Fund for Children and Youth (OFCY) released a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth Services. Agencies are encouraged to apply for funding to expand community-based programming and safe spaces specifically for LGBTQ youth in Oakland. This RFP covers the amended funding strategy for the 2013-2016 Strategic Investment Plan, supporting LGBTQ Youth Services in Oakland. All applicants are strongly encouraged to read the LGBTQ Youth Services Strategy in addition to this RFP before starting the application process.
Please click below for the RFP and other resources:
February 26, 2014 - RFP released
March 4, 2014 - Bidder's Conference, 2-4pm in City Hall, Hearing Room #1.
March 28, 2014 - Proposals due
July 1, 2014 - Program year begins
Please join our mailing list on the left to be made aware of all OFCY updates.