OFCY Resources, Trainings & Events
If you'd like to add an upcoming event listing, please email Sachelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oakland Summer Learning Network
The Oakland Summer Learning Network (OSLN) is a coordinated and collaborative effort to develop a citywide system of quality summer learning opportunities in Oakland, with a focus on improving access for children and youth from under-resourced families. Our vision is that the children and youth of Oakland have equitable access to high quality summer learning opportunities. Learn more at https://oaklandsummerlearning.net/.
Family Connections: Project Re-Connect accepting Referrals for Youth Relationship-Building Series
Family Connections, the core program of Project Re-Connect, in Oakland, is now accepting referrals for their next session. Family Connections' goal is to reconnect youth to their family, school, and community. The 6-week series facilitates conversations between families in search of understanding to help decrease the distance or tension within these relationships. In addition to discussions, activities are integrated into each workshop so all participants interact with one another, thus building the community within the group.
Who to refer:
- Youth having challenges in school
- Families who have had past traumas, breakdowns in communication, and or issues with trust or respect
- Parents with youth (12-18) that must complete a parenting program (youth must attend)
- Project Re-Connect will be hosting sessions of Family Connections every Saturday from April 8th to May 13th from 9:30am to 1:30pm at our office located at 2577 MacArthur Ave in Oakland.
This is a free program. Se Habla Espanol
Notification of Funding Availability: Reentry Employment, Golden State Works Transitional Employment Program
The City of Oakland, Human Services Department is soliciting Requests for Proposals (RFP) from organizations with the experience and capacity to provide transitional reentry employment and job development opportunities to formerly incarcerated individuals, specifically people on parole.
Click here for the full RFP announcement.
- RFP Issue Date: March 3, 2017
- Mandatory Bidders' Conference: March 17, 2017, 10 AM-12 PM, City Hall, Hearing Room #3, Oakland, CA 94612
- Proposals Due By: April 5, 2017 Before 3:00 PM PST
Centro Legal de la Raza: Free Immigration Legal Clinics
Centro Legal de la Raza is offering free legal advice about immigration needs or concerns to anyone interested. Attorneys will be available for free consultation. No appointment is necessary. Walk-ins are welcome. Information will be provided in English and Spanish (habla en espanol).
All clinics will be held at the Centro Legal de la Raza office located at 3400 East 12th Street, Oakland. Clinic dates and times:
- April 20: 9:00am - 11:00am
- May 18: 9:00am - 11:00am
- For more information, call 510-437-1554 or visit centrolegal.org. For more information on Centro Legal de la Raza services and information regarding the recent executive orders issued by the White House, click here to see their handout.
OFCY February 7, 2017 Grantee Convening Announcements
Thanks to all the grantees who attended the 2nd convening of FY2016-2017! Click here for a PDF of the submitted grantee announcements from the February 7 convening. If you'd like to revise your listing or if you'd like to add an upcoming event listing, please email Sachelle at email@example.com. Click here to access the PowerPoint presentation from the Oakland Youth Ally Alliance (OYAA).
InPlay: Fill your classes: list in Oakland's new Activity Guide
InPlay is a non-profit partner with the City of Oakland, OUSD and the Oakland Summer Learning Network connecting families with out-of-school programs. Visit the site at: Oakland.InPlay.org. Parents search InPlay's free website to access hundreds of local and affordable after-school and summer programs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get listed.
Oakland Youth Ally Alliance
The Oakland Youth Ally Alliance (OYAA) serves as a resource for individuals and organizations committed to positive youth development based in and/or serving Oakland, CA.
For more information on upcoming events, trainings and more, visit the OYAA website at http://brothersontherise.org/oyaa/
Oakland's Youth 2017 Career Expo
The Oakland Workforce Development Board (OWDB) in partnership with Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) and industry are hosting an event to expose 1500 young people to companies in sectors targeted for growth, post-secondary education opportunities and community resources.
• When: April 13, 2017
• For Whom: Agency partners interested in bringing youth to the event.
• Contact Ricardo Quezada at email@example.com or 510-238-7902 for questions or more info.
• Click here to see a flyer with registration information on Eventbrite. Please complete registration as soon as possible as booths are filling up fast.
Agencies that are bringing youth, but are not reserving a booth should also complete the Eventbrite registration and include the following information:
- Agency Name
- Number of youth ages 18-24 attending
East Bay Asian Youth Center: Manzanita Community School Spring Showcase
Come and experience the great work that OFCY grantees are doing collaboratively and witness how partnerships bring out the best in our students. We will have performances by Prescott Circus, Destiny Arts, Brothers On The Rise, America Scores, Music Class, and EBAYC!
- Showcase date: Thursday, April 27 from 5-7pm at EBAYC located at 2025 East 12th Street in Oakland
- For more information, contact Jose Campos at firstname.lastname@example.org